Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Lotus Blossom

Often times in life we find ourselves at a low point. I don't care who you are, if you are reading this, I'm sure  you have had a time in your life where you could have done every single thing perfectly and you still would have fallen short of your goal. No matter what you did or how hard you tried, there was a time that you just couldn't have what you wanted. I've been dealing with some things lately that have put me in this situation. Regardless of what I could have done, the end result of these things would be the same and neither were the results that I wanted. I'm learning to accept this for what it is. "It is what it is"...right? Wrong.


Things aren't always going to go your way. You're not always going to get what you want. Just because you pray for something doesn't mean that it will be handed to you. That's where I've stumbled lately. I've never been so close to God in my life...ever. I feel like for once I've been doing everything right...and the blessings have been pouring out due to it. I felt like God was handing me everything I've ever wanted, but I was wrong. We often forget who is in control here. Did you catch what I said earlier, "I felt like God was handing me everything I'VE ever wanted." I felt entitled. I've caught myself envious and jealous of others who have what I want. Even though God is working in me, I've been selfish and I've wanted more. I wanted the husband. I wanted the family. I wanted this. I wanted that. Single people join me when I say that we are so tired of hearing, "Oh God has the perfect person waiting for you, you just have to be patient." Haha can I get an Amen??! You don't know that!! Haha!! Ya'll know just as well as we know that only God knows His plans for us. This is where I find my comfort... Roman 8:18 tells us,
 
 "The pain that you've
been feeling
can't compare to the joy
 that's coming."
 

 We know that good things are on their way, we just don't know what good things.  It may be a spouse, it may be a better job, it may be a family,it may be something you've been praying for...it may be none of the above. All we know is that peace is coming and that is fine by me.





I've mentioned before in previous blogs that it's how you rise above adversity that sets you apart. When playing around on Pinterest tonight I came across a photo of the Lotus Blossom and it was just so interesting to me. Do you know what makes the Lotus Blossom so special? It begins in muddy water, rises above it and blooms.

Rise above it.

I'm praying for you.

Until next time,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment