Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rehab- Day 1

It's happening. I'm starting a journal that I can track my progress in. I'm not letting anything hold me down anymore. My days are shaped by my attitude and how I deal with the things thrown in my path. Today WILL be a good day. As far as I'm concerned, yesterday did not happen.  This past weekend did not happen. The insecurities that I have felt recently and the things that I've worried about are irrelevant. I am alive and well. I am healthy. I have a wonderful family.  I serve a loving God. I have more friends than I can possibly count. I'm blessed. I'm so blessed. The heartbreak stops here.  From now on, you will only hear positivity from me.  If you don't want to be in my life, don't be in it. Quick and easy fix. Simple as that. If you want to join me in my personal journey to happiness, I will be so happy to have you. The more the merrier.

Let's start with the basics. What does self worth mean to you? The dictionary defines Self Worth as "the sense of one's own value or worth of a person; self esteem, self respect" Does any part of that definition mention anyone other than yourself? No. It says that it is "one's OWN value of worth of a person; SELF esteem and SELF respect." Only you can control that. If you don't value yourself, why would anyone else value you?

This month I am focusing on me. I'm not worrying about what anyone thinks of me. I'm not looking for anything other than my own happiness. I deserve that.  I'm going to do things that make me happy. I'm going back to the basics. What do I like to do because I like to do it? Stay tuned. Change is coming.



We get so lost in doing for others and trying to please others and it's in our nature that we don't stop and think about ourselves, but just think about what we can do to make the ones we love happy. When we give and give and give to others, we often get taken advantage of and starting today, that will no longer happen. This month is for us.

I'm praying for you.
Until next time,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment