Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rehab- Day 2

Today, I woke up with a completely different attitude. Yesterday, I deactivated my Facebook, created a new Twitter account (you know I have to stay connected somehow!), then after work I put my phone away. One day of that made a ((HUGE)) difference! I didn't realize how much time I spent looking at my phone. Just looking at it! Waiting on something to happen! Waiting on that person to text me or call me....((trust me I already know......ridiculous))... Don't judge me, haha...if anything I'm honest. I was on Facebook 24/7. If it was going on; good, bad or ugly, I knew about it. Then yesterday, I asked myself, why do you even care about any of this stuff? Why do you let this effect you the way that it does? Why are you reading into little things posted on Facebook that have nothing to do with you? SO, I deactivated it.

ANYWAY, you aren't here to listen to my addiction to technology and social media and the way that it effects me, are you? I was actually leading up to this point: when I put my phone away, I had time to focus.  I had time to think. I had time to process what I had going on in my life and actually pray with a focused mind and open ears. God spoke to me in the clearest voice I've ever heard. I've been really trying recently to spend more time in prayer and less time "leaning on my own understanding"..well that's easier said than done.





Day 1 was great. After a night of being focused, Day 2 has begun great as well. When you change your attitude, the whole world changes. Yesterday, I woke up feeling positive but still kind of sad about what happened on Monday. Today, I woke up feeling great, knowing that whatever happens, happens. I can't change the outcome of any situation and at the end of the day, I did everything right. I did everything I possibly could and the best thing I can possibly do right now is to just wait. In the mean time, I will praise Him in the storm.  While I wait on the outcome of my weekend situation, I will go on and be happy. Worrying will not change the outcome and more than likely what you worry about today will not matter a year from now. I've given it to God. In the mean time, I'm living.

I'm praying for you.
Until next time,
M.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! I am going to take your advise and start putting my phone away when i get home.. I am on fb 24/7 work/home/gym and I have realized that I do NOT pay as much attention to Makayleigh that I need to!! I needed this today!!! Please text me sometime and lets get together 256-690-3815!! Please note, I am not perfect and have one heck of a past but Im human and have made mistakes and im on the right path now!! :) Cant wait to hear from you as i continue to stalk your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet. Thank you! Will be in touch soon!! Stalk away ;-)

    ReplyDelete